Atlanta and North Georgia since 1925

The Story Behind Lummus Supply Co.

 

William Lummus, President of Lummus Supply Company, is proud of the traditions behind his family business that has grown from a small sand and coal supplier to become one of Atlanta's largest full-service building materials suppliers, meeting the needs of the areas building professionals.

 

Robert H. Lummus Sr. formed our company in 1925. He pumped sand from Proctor Creek at Bolton Road and and sold it throughout the Atlanta area, adding coal in 1938.

 

In 1945, R.H. Lummus Jr. went into partnership with his father, forming Lummus Sand and Coal. In 1961, the company was incorporated and changed its name to Lummus Supply Company. That was the year a new store was built on Bolton Road, the sand and coal business came to an end and, a full line of hardware and building materials was added.

 

Since then the company has grown to include 4 additional locations:

 

Alpharetta Hwy in Roswell (Store #4), Highway 92 in Acworth (Store #6) which includes our Engineered Products Division, our Specialty Millwork Division (Store #7) and our Oakwood distribution center (Store #9).

 

Four generations of the Lummus family have been in touch with the evolving needs of Metro Atlanta's builders. Currently Robert H. Lummus III, is Chairman of the Board, William Lummus is President, Jackie Barber, is Secretary and Treasurer . A fourth Lummus generation is continuing the business and following the footsteps of the Lummus tradition. William Lummus Jr. is Vice President , Heidi Williams is Vice President/Purchasing  and Reid Lummus is a Millwork Specialist in our Millwork Division.

 

 

 

Conference Room at  Bolton Road Headquarters